General & Misc

<< First  < Prev   1   2   Next >  Last >> 
  • 21 Jan 2017 9:05 AM
    Reply # 4559827 on 4143550

I have had an ad in wanted , for parts for my Rover for some time now. Recently I received an email regarding the ad offering unspecified parts available. I responded asking what parts were available, and location of the sender. Today he responded that he was breaking up a car shown in an attached jpg, and to advise what I wanted.

The picture was one of MY car, taken from a set on the web from when it was for sale. He emails from eric53lawrence@gmail.com , so be careful how you respond. I have advised him that I am reporting his mails to the membership.

Now, how do I get control of the font please? Ignore - font changed when I copied email address in, but displays OK when posted.

thanks

John

Last modified: 21 Jan 2017 9:06 AM | Anonymous member
  • 22 Jan 2017 4:59 PM
    Reply # 4561511 on 4143550
    Anonymous member (Administrator)

John,

Thanks for letting us know just shows you can't be to careful.

Glenda

• 23 Jan 2017 9:29 AM
    Reply # 4562509 on 4143550
    Hi John and Arnie, I have heard of similar experiences. Disturbing to say the least. It might be worth forwarding to scamwatch.com.au. as it may be part of a pattern of fraudulent emails or scams. I will also advise AOMC, Federation and AHMF. Daryl
  • 27 Jan 2017 3:55 PM
    Reply # 4571062 on 4143550

I have recently come across a web site that may be of interest to members - http://ateupwithmotor.com/

It is a long list of histories of car makes and models, from early days (foundation of Lincoln, Cadillac etc) to modern vehicles. They are not just technical, but also cover the times and the personalities and politics and economics of the makers. Readers can post comments, and the writer frequently responds. I have found it quite absorbing, and recommend it to those who have an interest in such histories. Who knew, for instance, that it was GM policy in the 20-30s NOT to sell  Cadillacs to African-Americans?

jp

• 08 Nov 2017 4:26 PM
    Reply # 5576148 on 4143550

Next query on the Rover . When I run the engine up I find that the top, sides and base of the radiator get hot, but the bottom half of the core does not. Water temp gets up into the 70C area, but the bottom of the core is still under 30C, so I suspect its clogged somewhat. The waterpump and its connections all get hot, so water is circulating, but its bypassing some of the core. Does anybody have any suggestions as to what might help flush/dissolved rubbish out of a honeycomb radiator please?

thanks

john

<< First  < Prev   1   2   Next >  Last >> 

© Copyright 2017 The Vintage Drivers Club

Website Management by GroundStation